I thought I'd break up the rejection pile a bit with a random post that involves puppets, opera, and maybe a puppet opera. And some deep thoughts.
- Puppet Camp was fun: I met lots of cool people and improvised some incidental music to some of the participant projects. Heck, I even wrote some music for one of the participant projects.
Isn't he beautiful?
- Helmut sang a puppet aria, which will be included in a future production of Larry L. Hensel's Opera in a Gym program out at the University of Wyoming. Gotta love Puppet Opera Outreach.
- There is a possibility I would have enjoyed Puppet Camp a little more if, let's say I wasn't preoccupied with Opera Stuffs, but that's okay.
- But hey, speaking of Opera Stuffs, NANOWorks produced their last show! And I got to hang with Marie Incontrera, which was awesome.
So, the rest of the summer will include:
- reducing Copland for my academic institution…
- going to baseball games
- reading about baseball games
- going through over sixty NANOWorks opera entries so I can pick the next season
- sadly sending out rejection letters…there might be a new blog post about this…
- maybe cuddle a cat?